There are many ways to look at life. A day, a moment, an event, even conversations can turn around how you feel about life. Life, unlike what we think, isn’t a retrospective reel. It’s the current moment. It’s the memories and it’s perspective.
My favorite thing I read was something to the effect of – was it a bad day or a bad moment that you thought about all day? The first time I read it, I promptly forgot it. The second time though I heard it when my dad reminded me of it as I stormed into my parent’s room, complaining about a tough day.
Since then, I’ve kept a secret list (not so secret after this post) of all the seemingly tiny things that make my life beautiful. I highly recommend that you do the same.
- The books my parents get for me
- Finding a chocolate I didn’t expect to find
- Finding my lost pair of earrings
- Facebook Video Call
- My Dreams and Aspirations
- My Secret Award Acceptance Speeches
- My Stuff toys
- Kind People
- Smart People
- Delhi Streets lined with trees
- Ice cream runs at night
- Gol Gappas with my dad
- A friend who encourages me to run
- A friend who makes time for me even though she’s at the other end of the globe
- Another friend who is busy being a vet and still worrying about me
- My job
- My blog
- People who read my blog and comment on it
- Pretty Bookmarks
- Happy people
- Shah Rukh Khan
- Homemade food
- Family Dinners
- Phone calls to my grandparents
- Comfortable clothes
That’s all for now. But there are so many things I don’t know what to keep and what to remove.
Try it. But you have to keep it secret for at least a month before you reveal it to anyone! And if you do try it, let me know in the comments below. I’m positive it’ll make you as happy as Leonardo *finally* winning his Oscar.
Another thing that made me happy –
P.s All my poetry is on Instagram if you want to read it here.